Sunrise Tour at Meteora
Walk the picturesque paths paved by the first monks in the Meteora area and take in the sunrise hues from this guided nature walk!
- Take a spiritual walk with an expert English-speaking tour guide.
- Learn about the local culture and history of hermits in the Meteora region.
- Marvel at the sunrise from Meteora, the rock formation which is also a World Heritage Site.
- Absorb the sanctity of the spiritual energy on paths first paved by the first monks.
- Enjoy the perfect combination of unique geology, local culture, and spiritual energy in this tour.
- Travel comfortably in an air-conditioned VIP bus from your hotel and back.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation in an air-conditioned VIP minibus
- Bottled water
- Stops for sightseeing and photography when requested
- Entrance fees to the monasteries and museums
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Start your day early and explore Meteora, the famous World Heritage Site. Once you are picked up in the air-conditioned VIP bus, you will travel to Meteora and reach the paths walked by hermit monks as early as the 9th century. Meteora translates to “suspended in air”, giving guests a delightful experience of the morning breeze. This tour with an English-speaking guide will give you all the interesting trivia you need about the region along with Instagram-worthy pictures against the backdrop of one of the most famous rock formations in Europe. These rocks were formed a million years ago, shaped by natural elements over the years.
The early morning air and the massive rocks at Meteora will create the perfect ambiance for an unforgettable sunrise. Learn about the history and culture of the region with your tour guide. You will also stop for sightseeing and clicking photographs as and when requested. Get in touch with your spiritual side during the two hours of the Meteora tour from Kalambaka and revel in the beautiful natural surroundings!
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Please print the ticket as proof of purchase and present it on the day of the tour.
- Guests will not be able to enter the monastery or museum at the time of the tour.
- Pets are allowed.
The tour begins at 5:45 AM every day.
Children aged 7 and under go for free (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- If you choose to meet your tour guide directly at the meeting point, arrive at the Kalambaka Train Station.
- The meeting point is in front of the Kalambaka Train Station in a small parking area.
- Address: Kalambaka Train Station, Pindou 55, Kalampaka.
- The point is just 5 minutes away from the Kalampaka Bus Station.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Kalambaka Train Station
- Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- If you want to choose the option of hotel transfers, please provide the name of your hotel at the time of booking.
- This is applicable to all hotels near Kalambaka.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.