Morning Tour to Meteora
Go around the Meteora rocks, visit centuries-old monasteries and get the perfect spiritual experience in Central Greece with your English-speaking tour guide!
- Experience the spiritual energy of Meteora with your expert English-speaking tour guide.
- Go around 3 monasteries built centuries ago in the Meteora rock formation, also a World Heritage site.
- Visit St. Antonios, the monastery where the first hermits arrived in Meteora.
- Hike to St. George Mandilas, a monastery built inside the rock of a cave located 40 meters above the ground.
- Explore the Byzantine church, dedicated to Virgin Mary, built 300 years before the monks arrived in the region.
- Take back stunning photographs of the rock in Central Greece by capturing all the scenic shots you come across during the tour.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation in an air-conditioned VIP minibus
- Bottled water
- Stops for sightseeing and photography when requested
- Entrance fees to the monasteries and museums
- Guided tour inside the monasteries
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Explore the rock formations at Meteora with your English-speaking tour guide. Learn about the monasteries in the region as well as their fascinating history during this spiritual experience. Considered one of the world's greatest monuments, Meteora is the most significant monastic center in Greece. UNESCO has listed it as "A Preserved and Protected Monument of Humanity." The monasteries were built on natural pillars and rounded boulders centuries ago. The tour will make you wonder about the incredible efforts by the Greeks to constructed these monuments. As you walk the paths paved by hermit monks over 300 years ago, your tour guide will lead you to visit 3 monasteries in the region. St. Antonios is said to be the monastery where the first monks arrived.
Enthralled by the delightful sight of the rocks against the sky, you will hike to another monastery - St. George Mandilas. This was built in a small cave 40 meters above ground to honor St. George. You will see old scripts and Byzantine icons inside the massive rocks. Finally, you will visit the Byzantine church, built around the 4th or 5th century, considered the most important monument in the region. The church is 10 centuries older than the oldest monasteries in Meteora. Its architecture will give you a glimpse into the evolution of Eastern Christianity over the past 2000 years.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Pets and guide dogs are allowed.
- The tour is pram and stroller accessible.
- Baggage is allowed.
The tour begins at 8:20am every day.
Children aged 7 and under go for free (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- If you want to choose the option of hotel transfers, please provide the name of your hotel at the time of booking.
- This is applicable to all hotels near Kalambaka.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
- If you choose to meet your tour guide directly at the meeting point, arrive at the Kalambaka Train Station.
- The meeting point is in front of the Kalambaka Train Station in a small parking area, near an old yellow building.
- Address: Kalambaka Train Station, Pindou 55, Kalampaka.
- The point is just 5 minutes away from the Kalampaka Bus Station.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Kalambaka Train Station
- Get Directions to the Meeting Point
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.