Pontifical Villas Gardens: Minibus Tour
Explore the huge Pontifical Villas gardens at Castel Gandolfo aboard an eco-friendly minibus!
- Escape to the fairy-tale villa where popes used to spend their summers since the 17th century.
- Enjoy the audio guide commentary to learn delightful stories about the villas.
- Sit back and unwind in the gardens that are home to timeless plants and evergreen trees.
- The minibus tour will take you around beautiful gardens, built into the ruins of Emperor Domitian’s own 2,000-year-old country residence.
- Admission and visit to the Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo (Villa Barberini)
- Travel in an eco-friendly minivan
- Audio guide (available in Italian, English, Spanish, German, French, and Russian)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Spanning 55 hectares, the Papal Palace complex is a sight to behold. It overlooks the sparkling waters of Lake Albano and is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of Rome. The views of the lake and surrounding hills are spectacular. It is only recently that Pope Francis allowed a huge portion of these premises to be open to the public. Use this opportunity to spend time admiring the lovely tree-lined gardens, and of course, the remains of Emperor Domitian's residence. The minibus is eco-friendly and you can explore the gardens at ease from the comfort of your seat. Listen to the informative audio guide and catch some interesting papal trivia as you're being driven around. By the end of the tour, you will know which pontiff installed a swimming pool, and who put down their resignation and then laid low in Castel Gandolfo for months!
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
If you are over 12 years old, you must present one of the following:
- Proof of full vaccination.
- Proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days ago.
- Proof of a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 48 hours prior to the start of the activity.
- Wheelchair users or anyone with mobility problems cannot be accommodated.
- Make sure to dress appropriately; shorts and sleeveless tops are not allowed.
Sat and Sun at 10:30am.
Infants aged 0-5 can go for free. Children aged 6-17 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo.
- Address: Piazza della Libertà, 00073 Castel Gandolfo RM, Italy.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
Trains leave Rome Termini station for the village of Castel Gandolfo once an hour. The journey takes 40 minutes.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.