Explore Florence on foot and wander through its cobbled streets and cosy squares. Relive the past as your expert guide narrates, in detail, stories of Florence from a long time ago. You’ll cover all the major sights and attractions with your small group as you study the architecture, history, and remains of the city famously known for being the Athens of the Middle Ages. Please don't hesitate to ask the guide any questions you might have.
Your tour will take you to the Accademia Galleria, where you will explore the seven different zones of the gallery. Each hall focuses on a particular era from times gone by. The David is showcased in all its magnificence in one of the displays here. This intricate sculpture is an icon of the Renaissance model and was a symbol of the power and invincibility of the Florentine Republic at the height of its glory. Michaelangelo took three years to complete this imposing statue, which was hewn from a single block of rough marble.
The museum also features the works of Botticelli, Leonardo Da Vinci, Giotto, Salviati, Alessandro Allori, Lorenzo Bartolini and many other famous artists.
Be sure to check out these paintings/sculptures in the Accademia Galleria:
- David by Michelangelo
- The Slaves by Michelangelo
- Madonna and Child with Young St. John by Salviati
- Tree of Life by Pacino di Bonaguida
The Accademia Galleria also houses a museum for musical instruments. Using advanced technology, the museum replicates the feel and sounds as heard by the Medicis. Don't miss out on the Grand Ducal Collection, which houses 50 different musical instruments, including the first original piano invented by Bartolomeo Cristofori and the tenor viola created by Antonio Stradivari.
Know Before You Go
- The tour begins at 10:30 AM. It is available from April to October on all days of the week except Monday.
- The tour is 3 hours long.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit.
- The walking tour includes skip the line entry to the Accademia Galleria only.
- Child Ticket: Ages 4-12
- Student Ticket: Ages 13-22
- Please carry valid photo ID
- No bags and large backpacks, helmets, knives, scissors or any hazardous objects will be allowed in the gallery.
- Explore the picturesque city and its magnificent buildings, streets and squares
- Skip the Line tickets to Accademia Galleria which is home to the prolific marble statue of David by Michelangelo.
- The tour has small groups of not more than 15 people, which allows for a more interactive, comfortable and engrossing experience.
- Expert guides who tell you detailed stories behind the significance of Florence’s many wonders.
- Visit Loggia del Bigallo, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Della Signoria, Santa Maria del Fiore and many other Renaissance sites in the Florentine area.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.