Picturesque Florence on Foot
Explore Florence on foot and wander through its cobbled streets and cosy squares. Relive the past as your expert guide narrates, in detail, stories of Florence from a long time ago. You’ll cover all the major sights and attractions with your small group as you study the architecture, history, and remains of the city famously known for being the Athens of the Middle Ages. Please don't hesitate to ask the guide any questions you might have.
Skip-the-Line Access to the Accademia Galleria
Your tour will take you to the Accademia Galleria, where you will explore the seven different zones of the gallery. Each hall focuses on a particular era from times gone by. The David is showcased in all its magnificence in one of the displays here. This intricate sculpture is an icon of the Renaissance model and was a symbol of the power and invincibility of the Florentine Republic at the height of its glory. Michaelangelo took three years to complete this imposing statue, which was hewn from a single block of rough marble.
The museum also features the works of Botticelli, Leonardo Da Vinci, Giotto, Salviati, Alessandro Allori, Lorenzo Bartolini and many other famous artists.
Be sure to check out these paintings/sculptures in the Accademia Galleria:
- David by Michelangelo
- The Slaves by Michelangelo
- Madonna and Child with Young St. John by Salviati
- Tree of Life by Pacino di Bonaguida
The Accademia Galleria also houses a museum for musical instruments. Using advanced technology, the museum replicates the feel and sounds as heard by the Medicis. Don't miss out on the Grand Ducal Collection, which houses 50 different musical instruments, including the first original piano invented by Bartolomeo Cristofori and the tenor viola created by Antonio Stradivari.
The tour includes skip the line entry only for the Accademia Galleria.
Know Before You Go
The 2-hour, 45-minute guided tour of Florence and Accademia Galleria begins at 10:30 AM and is available on all days of the week except Sunday and Monday. The tour runs from April to October. Please arrive at the meeting points 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit.
The Accademia Tour is 1 hour 15 minutes long. The Walking Tour is 1 hour 30 minutes long.
Reduced Price Tickets
Children below the age of 6 enter for free. Children ages 7 and above will have to purchase a regular ticket.
The tour begins at Accademia Galleria. Piazza di San Marco is the closest bus station to Accademia Galleria and is a 1-minute walk to the museum. At the Accademia entrance reserved for booking holders, you will see a Gray Line Tours assistant with a yellow jacket and sign.
Followed by the Accademia Tour, this tour begins at Loggia del Bigallo. Roma Duomo is the closest bus station to Loggia del Bigallo and is a 1-minute walk to the museum. You will find a Gray Line Tours assistant with a yellow jacket and sign.
As this tour involves quite a bit of walking, we highly recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes. Please wear appropriate clothing to the museums and places of worship.
No bags and large backpacks, helmets, knives, scissors or any hazardous objects will be allowed in the gallery.
- Explore the picturesque city of Florence and its magnificent buildings, streets and squares.
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Accademia Galleria, which is home to the prolific marble statue of David by Michelangelo.
- The tour has small groups of not more than 15 people, which allows for a more interactive, comfortable and engrossing experience.
- You will be accompanied by an expert, English-speaking guide who tell you detailed stories behind the significance of Florence’s many wonders.
- Visit Loggia del Bigallo, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Della Signoria, Santa Maria del Fiore and many other Renaissance sites in the Florentine area.
- Assistance at the meeting point.
- Skip-the-line entry to Accademia Galleria only.
- Walking Tour of Florence.
- English-speaking tour guide.
- Exploring the exterior of the Duomo Complex and Piazza della Signoria with Palazzo Vecchio.
- Exploring the interiors of the Church of Orsanmichele.
- Hotel transfers.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Loggia del Bigallo.
How to Get There
You will meet the Gray Line Tours assistant at the Accademia entrance reserved for booking holders. He or she will be wearing a yellow jacket and holding a sign.
Loggia del Bigallo is in piazza Duomo, at the corner of via Calzaioli. You will meet the Gray Line Tours assistant here. He or she will be wearing a yellow jacket and holding a sign.