Your tickets give you direct access to the museum. Once inside, feel free to explore as you’d like. Established in 1869, the American Museum of Natural History has the largest collection of dinosaur fossils in the world, making it a must-visit for children and adults alike. Through its 45 halls of permanent collection and exhibitions, the museum gives visitors the chance to engage, discover, and learn about the past, present, and the future of the natural world, human culture, and the universe. The Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda (aka the museum’s grand entrance) is famous for the recreation of an imagined confrontation between a Barosaurus protecting its young and an Allosaurus. Also be sure to check out the Tyrannosaurus rex and the new Titanosaur cast.
Do not miss the Rapa Nui (Easter Island) Moai cast, the Patricia emerald, and the Newmont Azurite. Also look back millions of years ago and see on display Lucy, the first full complete skeleton found of a hominid between 4-2 million years ago, and the Folsom Spear Point, crafted from 10,000 years old flint.
Visit the Rose Center for Earth and Space, which houses the Hayden Planetarium, and has exhibitions on the history of the universe and our journey through space. See the Scales of the Universe exhibit, which shows the huge range of sizes in the universe, and take a walk along the Cosmic Pathway which tells you the 13-billion-year history of the universe.
- Biodiversity and Environmental Halls
- Birds and Reptiles and Amphibian Halls
- Earth and Planetary Sciences Halls
- Fossil Halls
- Human Origins and Cultural Halls
- Mammal Halls
- Rose Center for Earth and Space
- Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Hall
- Discovery Room (for families and children ages 5-12)
- The Titanosaur
- The Hayden Planetarium Space Show: Dark Universe
- Amazon Adventure (until September 14, 2018)
- Our Senses: An Immersive Experience (until January 6, 2019)
- Unseen Oceans (until January 6, 2019)
- Inside you (until June 16, 2019)
Know Before You Go
At the time of checkout, you will have the option to book tickets for both adults and children. Child tickets have reduced pricing so please select these according to the age specified for these tickets. Please carry valid ID for all members of your party for whom you're booking reduced pricing tickets to confirm their age if required.
The museum is open throughout the week from 10 AM - 5:45 PM. Please note that the museum is closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Step back in time and watch mankind evolve in front of your very eyes as you walk through the American Museum of Natural History.
- Get the chance to visit its 45 halls of permanent collection and exhibitions, covering the past, present, and future of our world.
- Marvel at the Rose Center for Earth and Space, with its 5 exhibition spaces, the Hall of Planet Earth, the Hall of the Universe, the Cosmic Pathway, Scales of the Universe, and the Hayden Planetarium.
- Admission to all 45 Museum halls
- Rose Center for Earth and Space
- Special exhibitions (If Super Saver option selected)
- Giant-screen film 2D and 3D/IMAX Theater film (If Super Saver option selected)
- Space Show (If Super Saver option selected)
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
You will receive an email confirmation with your American Museum of Natural History tickets shortly. Please take a print out of your tickets and display them along with valid photo ID at any of the tickets desks located at all the entrances to the museum, located at Central Park West & 79th St, New York, NY 10024.
Subway: Take the B (weekdays only) or C to 81st Street.
Bus: M7, M10, M11, M79, M86, and M104