We’ll start our tour with a little context, visiting the sites around Battery Park. The memorials here rarely get the attention they deserve, from visitors rushing past to board the ferry. The stories they have to tell are well worth hearing though, so we’ll spare some time for the Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial.
Then it’s off to Liberty Island, with priority boarding to get us the best seats on the ferry – and since we leave so early you’ll arrive at the Statue before the crowds. Once there, you’ll enjoy stunning views back over the city and a guided tour that takes you right into the pedestal, getting you closer to Lady Liberty than a regular visit.
Here your guide will teach you a little about the city’s greatest icon. Gifted to the US by France and designed by their finest architects including Gustav Eiffel (whose Parisian Tower you may be familiar with), Lady Liberty wasn’t as warmly received as you would think. With your expert guide on hand, you’ll hear all about the struggle that got her on her feet and made her even more special to the people of New York.
Then it’s back on the ferry and on to Ellis Island, where you’ll follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants. With your expert guide on hand you’ll learn about the lengthy immigration process they went through, walking the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s two very different names – ‘The Island of Hope’ and ‘The Island of Tears’. Together you’ll explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays, asking all the questions you want of your expert guide. Our tour ends in Ellis Island, so you can stay a little longer if you’d like, or head back on the ferry with your guide. .
- Statue of Liberty Museum and Pedestal
- Ellis Island Museum
- Castle Clinton National Monument
- Pier A Harbor House (from exterior)
- American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial
- The Sphere
- New York Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Take an early ferry to Liberty Island and arrive often before the crowds!
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Statue of Liberty, including special access to the statue pedestal.
- Visit Ellis Island and follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, taking their first step on the land of freedom.
- Get more from your experience with an expert guide at the Ellis Island Immigration Museum – you’ll walk the Stairs of Separation, visit the Kissing Post and hear tales at the American Immigrant Wall of Honor to put a human context on your visit.
- With small groups of 20 people or fewer your tour will be intimate, your guide easy to interact with.
- Expert local tour guide
- Fully guided Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum tour
- Pedestal Tickets for Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park – Statue of Liberty
- Small groups of 20 people or fewer
- Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop- Off
- Please arrive fifteen minutes before the scheduled start time for check-in
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $2.00 in bills only.
- The ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
- Meeting Point: Front entrance of Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Place, in Battery Park, to the right of Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton
- Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal.
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items: Here.
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. You must carry a printed copy of the voucher to the venue along with a valid photo ID.