Prado Museum Guided Tour Highlights
- Discover the beautiful works of art on display at the Prado Museum in the company of an expert guide.
- Get skip the line access as well and head straight to the museum without queuing up.
- Enjoy the eclectic collection of the Spanish monarch which includes The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hyeronimus Bosch and The Descent from the Cross by Roger van der Weyden.
- Trace the historical development of Spain through the works of the Venetian artist Titian and his representation of the Habsburg Dynasty.
- Learn about the relations between patrons and the painters at the Goya rooms with masterpieces like The Family of Charles IV.
Why You Shouldn't Miss This
The Prado Museum is a landmark of huge national and global importance. Occupying a 18th-century Neo-classical building, the Prado Museum is home to over 20,000 works of art that include around 7,500 paintings, 8,000 drawings, 4,800 prints, and 1,000 sculptures and other works of art and historical documents.
The museum was opened in 1819 as a museum of paintings and sculpture and was influenced heavily by the existing royal collection. This royal collection still forms the main core of the museum's exhibitions. Some of the greats whose works adorn the Prado walls are Francisco Goya, El Greco, Diego Velazquez, Hieronymus Bosch, Peter Paul Rubens and Titian. Thousands of other paintings from the Renaissance and Baroque period are also on display at the Prado Museum.
This 2-hour guided tour of the Prado Museum will show you the best highlights of the museum. Your guided tour of the Prado Museum begins at the designated meeting point (Madrid City Tour Bus Information point at Calle Felipe IV) near the museum where you will meet your licensed guide. Your tour guide will then lead you past the long ticket lines, through a brief security check and then into the museum. The guided tour is available in 2 languages, English and Spanish.
Exploring the Prado can be overwhelming because of its sheer size and the number of artworks it holds. In the company of a guide, you will breeze through the galleries as your guide shows you the classics, giving you all the information you'll need to make this visit memorable. Some of popular works of art include "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by Hyeronimus Bosch, "The Descent from the Cross" by Roger van der Weyden, "Las Maninas" by Diego Velazquez, Goya's "Maja" series, "Emperor Carlos V on Horseback" by Titian, "David Victorious over Goliath" by Caravaggio and many more.
After the 2-hour tour, you are free to stay at the museum for as long as you like.
Know Before You Go
The 2-hour guided takes place twice daily, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
The guided tour begins at the Madrid City Tour Bus Information point at Calle Felipe IV, next to the Prado Museum.The closest metro station to the point is the Atocha station (Blue Line L1) or Banco de Espana station (Red Line L2).
- Bilingual tour guide
- Skip the line access to Prado Museum
- Hotel transfers
These tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
This tour starts from Madrid City Tour Bus Information point at Calle Felipe IV, next to the Prado Museum. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• You will receive your Prado Museum guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
• On the day of the tour, carry a printed copy of the voucher and head to the designated meeting point - Madrid City Tour Bus Information point at Calle Felipe IV, next to the Prado Museum.
• Display the voucher to your guide and begin your tour.